Thursday, July 17, 2008

Not so Hard Things

I just wanted to do a life update real quick as well, because many many things are going very well right now. I'm really very excited about the path I've been lead to.

Right now I am eating half a potato with queso on it, and I fully expect to be full when I finish. If it doesnt do the trick, I know the peach will contribute. I am actually feeling full these days!! It is WONDERFUL! Even more wonderful than that is I am losing weight! I started at 267, and 4 weeks later am 254. I'm actually losing weight. I have been working so hard since Matt was born and have gained and gained and gained. I've never put such a concentrated effort on weight loss before only to gain 15 lbs over the course of a year (after I lost all my baby weight naturally, it just fell off! Weird, no?). So to have lost that in almost a month, well, you know the Lord is good. Because I have made it more than obvious I can't do this on my own. I'm using the Weigh Down program, and while I know that there is some contreversy surrounding The Remnant Church, that doesn't mean this is a ridiculously effective way to lose weight. I eat whatever I want, whenever I'm truly hungry, instead of when I have the urge (or head hunger, they call it). I eat really really slowly (especailly compared with how I used to eat) so I don't just run over my fullness cue. Now smaller than normal portion sized FILL ME UP! I eat about two meals a day because that is when I get hungry. Sometimes I'm hungry for breakfast, but usually not. Sometimes I'm hungry at 10pm, so I eat (because it is just as sinful to ignore a hunger cue as it is to eat before you get it). It is AMAZIZING. I know I sound like an infomercial, but you can know I'm not being paid because 1) Im still 254 lbs. That isnt really a marketable testimony :-) 2) I don't fully agree with the whole message. I agree with most of it wholeheartedly, but not all.

Moving on, Warren is getting a wee little promotion. Not enough so that I can stay home, but enough that we aren't living paycheck to paycheck. That will be so so nice. We are considering a vacation to San Antonio next summer when the kiddo is a little older. That will be so exciting! I think he will love Shamu. At least, I will! ;-)

Work is gong a little too well, I'm about out of projects to draw! Uh-Oh!

And, our good friends, Stacy and Tommy are getting married tomorrow. Mostly I'm just excited for them, a little worried, but a good mother type should be, I think. ;-) I hope I look fabulous. I know everyone else will, and I want to keep up!

No comments: