Thursday, September 17, 2009

Whoo-wee, Im Whooped

A friend came over today and helped me clean my house top to bottom! I feel so good! I feel so sore! My back and feet are screaming "Mercy!" and I really want a diet 7-up right now. Don't ask, I can't tell you.

Wait, yes I can. I had my glucose tolerance test done the other day, er, week. I didn't fail it, but the midwife said I had to pretend like I did anyway. Her thought was that even though I didn't pass, I only barely didn't fail. This means my pancreas still has to work a little too hard. She thought it would be a good idea to give the ole pancreas a rest and put me on a restricted diet. My calories aren't restricted, but what I can eat is. Severely. No carbs, well, no food billed as a carb. No sugar. No peas or corn. One low sugar fruit a day. So basically no fruit. It's been meat, cheese, veggies, and nuts around here lately. Lots and lots of nuts.

I have strayed into the land of sugar free items, but not too heavily. I enjoy some sugar free pudding from time to time, but otherwise, it is pretty dull. And actually, that is the problem, it is pretty rich. What I would give for a plain ole piece of bread, or a buttered potato. But nope, its some kind of cheesy, meaty thing. Or it is plain ole veggies, but you might as well put air in my stomach for all the lasting satisfaction they give me. Harumpf. It's not that bad and I have lost weight, which is saying something since I am in my third trimester of pregnancy. I'm not trying to lose weight, but let me tell you how not tempted I am to over eat now. I barely get enough food in my belly to call it a meal before I say, "Um, no thanks, I'm squicked out now."

Anyway, it's a blessing really. I was eating NOTHING but carbs and sugar before the switch, which I'm sure contributes to the difficulty of the situation. So this is like a very much needed slap in the behind. I'm just really hoping I can keep it up after the bella bambina gets here.

No comments: