Friday, April 24, 2009

Haggard

I am TIE-errrd.

Im all in the throws of that wonderful 1st trimester, which really isn't so bad for me. I don't puke, I just kinda feel sea sick. What I do get is dog tired. Dang-dog-dilly tired. This pregnancy has been sooooooo much better as far as the fatigue area is concerned, but, I'm still dragging. Last night I was just about to rest my head on my pillow and then the midwife called. I should have said no, but it was the last birth before I get paid, so I thought, man, I need to just get this done! Plus, it's a birth, and that is always just plain ol' COOL! So I head on out around 9:30. Mom has baby at 11:15 and we scoot around 1:30. I would have liked to just crash, but I really needed a shower and knew there was NO WAY I could accomplish that in the morning. The only thing that could move me would be knowing if I didn't get the hell out of the house, I would lose my job. :-) So, I showered before I went to bed and ended up in snooze land around 2:30.

That means I got about 4.5 hours of sleep, which isn't too too bad normally, except for me it feels like 2 hours of sleep which is too too bad.

But it was a pretty cool birth to see, I think. It was the first time I've seen a mom deliver her second child, and this couple had it down. She just did her labor thang, and then pushed that kid out in 15 min. Which is fast. Afterwards, most moms and dads are in the post baby glow and just kinda linger and call people and fawn and all that, but these cats were ready to roll. She had that kiddo breastfeeding the entire time they were there, except when I had to get vitals. That is an unusual site for me since Im used to babies not getting their act together and just mouthing all over mom's nipple. I thought it was weird that the kid was overdue by a week and only 6lbs 9oz. He was a little guy! Im kind of glad she went over, imagine if she went early! Yikes stripes fruit stripes gum.

And oh my goodness, can I say how excited I am to give birth again. It is just one of my most favorite things to do. Ever. No, Im not joking.

No comments: