Friday, November 14, 2008

Weird Dream

I wanted to get this dream down because it was really weird and I never remember my dreams, if I do, it is only for a few seconds. This one has stuck with me all day.

A little background info. I had a childhood friend, Morgan, who for some reason won't reply to my efforts to contact her. She didn't come to my wedding (although, she may have been out of the country, but I never heard from her), and she has ignored a couple of messages I've sent her over facebook. I really am trying not to be petty, but I feel pretty hurt over it. We were friends for 18 years, and then just not friends after graduation. So, the whole situation nags me, apparently enough to dream about it. Here we go.

Morgan finally calls me after all this time of avoidance, and asks if I want to come over to her apt to hang out. I go, but she ends up locking me in there for 2 weeks. In the dream, I don't remember what I do for 2 weeks, I just know, I can't get out, I've tried. Well, she ends up throwing a party at night, but it seems like there is a huge fire somewhere because there is orange everywhere, like the whole party is on fire, but I can't see the fire. I am able to sneak out. My emotions are very similar to what might be a refugee's. I'm panicking, I'm searching for help, I'm terrified she will find me again. I find a woman and she agrees to help me. Morgan ends up finding me, and my heart is just pounding in my ears, I'm terrified. Then I remember that I'm 5'9" and 260 lbs, a lot of which is muscle. I can't be forced to do anything I don't want to do by this 5'4", 120 lbs woman. She comes at me, and I spin her around and hold her arms crossed over her chest pressed to me in a hold she can't get out of. I try to convey that she isn't in danger of retaliation but that this behavior will stop, but I do not speak.

And that is it.

No comments: