Tuesday, October 28, 2008

French Toast

I made 2 loaves of Challah bread this weekend, gave one to The Prayer Room for a Lord's supper I didn't go to (I was in a MAJOR funk this weekend). I saw that they had two BOXES of rolls to feed 10-20 people, so I kept a loaf. I might feel guilty about it, but the plan was to make this baked french toast. And I will never feel guilty about baked french toast. Then we ran out of both milk and eggs on Sun. Boo. Well Husband came to the rescue and went to the store yesterday to refill our supplies. What did I discover in the meantime? Toasted Challah with butter and honey.

Dammit.

Now I'll never get baked french toast with Challah.

And I really need to get to work. I need to push it to the MAX! GARH!!

Also, I'm reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini. Me likes. I have ramen noodles for lunch and I'm not excited about that. Wish I had butter, honey, and challah. I had a big conversation with Warren last night. Could have gone dreadful, but we both did very well and ended on a good note. Nothing is changing, just am glad he understands how I feel. Matthew likes when I read to him. We only have one book right now, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Suess. I plan on going shopping today or tomorrow to get that kid some winter clothes.

And I desperately need to get back to work!

Ack, one more thing. I love love love Smitten Kitchen. The French Laundry at Home is my motivator for getting down and dirty in the kitchen, but Smitten Kitchen supplies the recipes! (I figured since I've got two of her posts in one of mine, I should bring up this blissful blog! *drool*)

WORK!

No comments: